Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Develops or modifies moderately complex information systems.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education (\"ED\"). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
1. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
2. Conducts needs analysis, documents requirements, and revises existing system logic as necessary.
3. Drives testing.
4. Creates and updates system documentation.
5. Researches and documents requirements, evaluates scenarios, and executes changes needed to respond to requirements.
6. Identifies test scenarios, develops test scripts, and creates expected results for use in test cycles.
7. Summarizes and communicates testing outcomes in meaningful ways.
8. Acts as liaison among clients, operations, and technical staff.
9. Collaborates with clients and other technical teams as needed.
10. After hours on-call rotation.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or commensurate experience.
3 to 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst from another industry or detailed working knowledge of several system functions. Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools, SQL, HTML, Doc-To-Help, Adobe Acrobat, and the internet.
**COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:**
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
2. Strong consensus building, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
3. Ability to work with both technical staff and clients.
4. Self-directed and highly motivated.
5. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
6. Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
7. Knowledge or experience in an Agile environment a plus
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.
**Job ID** _2019-7925_
**\\# of Openings** _2_
**Category** _Information Technology_
Associated topics: business advisory, business analyst, business systems, client, consult, crm, customer, sales, sap, support analyst